Visa® Credit Card
Learning to use a credit card responsibly is an important financial lesson. An SECU Visa®
credit card can be used to make purchases, receive cash advances or act as overdraft for your checking account.
Members may apply for a new SECU Visa or a credit limit increase on their existing Visa through Member Access.
- Members must be at least 18 years of age to apply for a credit card
- Members must have a verified means of repayment (income)
- If the member is less than 21 years of age and needs a co-signer, the co-signer must be at least 21 years of age and have a verified means of repayment (income)
% variable APR (Annual Percentage Rate)1 applies to:
- Not an introductory rate
- All members get this great rate
- Grace period for purchases if the balance is paid in full each month
- No annual fee
- Approval of new credit card applications is limited to residents of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia
- No balance transfer fees, but interest begins to accrue immediately
- Can be used for overdraft on your checking account
- Rental car protection through the Visa® Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver Program
- Monthly and annual transaction statements available online
- Photo may be added for additional security
Customize Your PIN
In order to select your own PIN, call (888) 886-0083 and follow the prompts to customize or reset your PIN.
Credit Line Increases
Already have a Credit Union credit card and need additional buying power? You can request a credit line increase through Member Access, at your local branch or after hours by calling Member Services. Credit line increases are permitted for existing credit cards regardless of the state in which you currently reside. Additionally, the Credit Union may automatically increase your credit limit from time to time based on your repayment history and other factors. We will notify you of any automated increase. Of course, you can decline any automated increase by simply letting us know.
1The variable APR is subject to change quarterly and is based on the 26-week Treasury Bill Auction held each quarter which establishes the index. A margin of 7.5% is added to the index to establish the interest rate. No minimum interest rate, maximum rate of 18.00% variable APR.