State Employees' Credit Union is a member-owned, not-for-profit cooperative.
Membership is limited to persons who meet the eligibility requirements.
- State of North Carolina employees
- Public school employees
- Retirees from state employment or the public school systems
- Employees in county departments of Health, Mental Health, Social Services or Civil Defense
- All members of the North Carolina National Guard
- Immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of current members
- Those sharing a single economic unit with current members
If you meet one of these eligibility requirements, you can become a member by
opening a share account with a minimum deposit of $25. You can view and print a
copy of our Rules
brochure for more information regarding your new
deposit accounts with the Credit Union. To request membership, complete and return
Membership Information Form
to your local branch or our 24/7 Member Services at (888) 732-8562.