The Credit Union offers GAP (Guaranteed Asset Protection) Coverage on new and used vehicle loans for a flat fee of $325.00. GAP Coverage is a
debt cancellation product that covers the difference between the insurance settlement amount and the outstanding loan balance if your vehicle
is involved in a total loss claim, as determined by your auto insurance provider, due to an "at fault" or "not at fault" accident, theft or flood.
If your vehicle is totaled, the insurance settlement is based on the actual cash value of the vehicle not the outstanding loan balance. This
difference could create a "gap" (money you still owe on the loan) after the primary insurance settlement has been paid. With GAP
Coverage, this deficiency would be covered up to specific parameters.1
- Eligible for new and used cars, light trucks, vans and SUVs
- Maximum market value of the vehicle is $100,0002
- Maximum loan to value of 110% for terms up to 96 months
- Maximum claim benefit of $50,000
- Not available for salvaged vehicles or vehicles used for ride-sharing
- Eligible for new loans only3
- 90-day "free look" period4
1GAP may not protect the entire deficiency. A copy of the GAP Agreement can be provided upon request for additional information.
2Based on MSRP or NADA Average Retail Value
3Existing loans not eligible unless refinanced
4During the "free look" period, coverage may be cancelled for a full refund. The refund will be applied to
the outstanding loan balance.