If you are between the ages of 13 and 19, you can become an SECU member by opening a
Z-Share account with a $ deposit. This savings account earns a competitive interest rate
and is the foundation of a healthy savings plan. After your 20th
birthday, this account
will automatically convert to a regular share account.
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
- Current interest rate is
- $ minimum opening deposit
- $ required minimum balance2
- No service charge3
- Access this account via
your local branch and our
24/7 Member Services
- Interest automatically transfers monthly into your Z-Share account
- Unlimited deposits
- Debits from Z-Share accounts are subject to limitations as defined in Regulation D
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
- No checks can be written and no automated clearing house (ACH) debits are allowed on Z-Share accounts
You are eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage
in the amount of $1,000 at no cost. You (if you are age 15 or older) have the option to purchase an additional $9,000 of life insurance coverage through SECU Life Insurance Company at an annual cost of $18. If you are not age 15 or older, your parent/guardian can purchase the additional $9,000 of coverage on your behalf.
1Quoted Rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject
to change daily.
2Minimum balance required to maintain membership and utilize SECU
3 A $1 fee is assessed if the account balance is below $
on the statement cut-off date.