Reminder: The $18.00 annual premium for members who purchased the $9,000 supplemental FAT CAT and Zard group life insurance coverage will be withdrawn on May 1, 2019. Please contact your local branch by April 24, 2019 if any changes are needed.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 19, you can become an SECU member by opening a
Z-Share account with a $ deposit. This savings account earns a competitive interest rate
and is the foundation of a healthy savings plan. After your 20th
birthday, this account
will automatically convert to a regular share account.
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
- Current interest rate is
- $ minimum opening deposit
- $ required minimum balance2
- No service charge3
- Access this account via
your local branch and our
24/7 Member Services
- Interest automatically transfers monthly into your Z-Share account
- Unlimited deposits
- Debits from Z-Share accounts are subject to limitations as defined in Regulation D
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
- No checks can be written and no automated clearing house (ACH) debits are allowed on Z-Share accounts
The teen is eligible to receive $1,000 of group term life insurance
at no cost. The teen (if age 15 or older) can increase this coverage to $10,000 for $18 per year. If the teen is not age 15 or older, a parent/guardian can increase coverage on their behalf. FAT CAT and Zard Group Term Life Insurance is provided by SECU Life Insurance Company. Life Insurance is not guaranteed by, or an obligation of any credit union and is not insured by NCUA.
1Quoted Rates and annual percentage yields (APY) are subject
to change daily.
2Minimum balance required to maintain membership and utilize SECU
3 A $1 fee is assessed if the account balance is below $
on the statement cut-off date.